WIN www.winla.org, is an award-winning early childhood mental health program providing in-home therapy to young children and their families, coordinating a nest of cross-agency health, housing, food and educational supports for families through our agency partners, and striving to model how integrated health, mental health, core supports and wellness can help community transformation. We ensure young children and families get the help they need to overcome generations of abuse, neglect, educational and relational issues for a lifetime of success and wellbeing that they can pass on to their children.
WIN’s Innovation 2 (INN2), Building Trauma Resilient Communities, contract with LA County Department of Mental Health (DMH) serves portions of County Supervisorial Districts 2 and 3 (the Westside and South Los Angeles). Using WIN’s award-winning cross-agency model, INN2 is building an expanded, trauma-resilient community by providing families in-home referral and linkage support, hosting a variety of community and family events, and conducting expansive community outreach work, all aligned with our values of being trauma-informed and adhering to strength-based and relationship-based practices. We also partner with schools’ staff and family child care providers to ensure their understanding of the negative impacts of trauma and provide them with the tools needed to support families through those challenges. In short, our model integrates a network of agencies to identify and address trauma and mental health issues more broadly and earlier in order to prevent the intergenerational transmission of trauma and therefore build family and community resilience.
WIN is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and a sense of belonging amongst all of our staff. These elements are more than a commitment at WIN—it is the foundation of who we are and what we do. We are fully focused on these core principles and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and the unique intersectionality of all these characteristics that comprise who we are as individuals.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) Mental Health Therapist
Mental Health Therapist
Reporting to the Clinical Director/Co-Executive Director, the Mental Health Therapist will be primarily responsible for providing home-based mental health therapy and conducting outreach to the Black community in the South Los Angeles area surrounding our office in the Crenshaw district. The ideal candidate will have experience providing high quality mental health services, preferably in the areas of infant mental health and family therapy, extensive experience in and commitment to a community mental health model, and working with young children and families in diverse communities extending from Venice to Crenshaw on the east, and the I-10 Corridor to Inglewood/Lennox on the south.
Current Working Conditions
Due to current business restrictions and health & safety best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic, work is conducted primarily via online platforms at this time. However, because of the nature of this position, some in-person work may be required which will be aligned with WIN’s clearly outlined COVID-19 safety protocols and procedures. WIN is committed to the safety of our staff, partners, and clients, and working conditions are likely to evolve over time.
- Complete diagnostic intake assessment and comprehensive treatment plans of new clients;
- Provide on-going dyadic therapy and/or adult individual therapy with parents/primary caregivers in the family’s home and/or a designated location in the community (including telehealth);
- Administer the PSI-4-SF and CES-D screenings;
- Consult and coordinate with Community Resource Specialists for shared cases;
- Build connections with the Black community in South Los Angeles to facilitate referrals and support for clients;
- Attend comprehensive case review meetings as pertains to caseload;
- Attend weekly individual and group reflective supervision;
- Cross-trained to be knowledgeable of the events hosted by the WIN Events Team and ACEs screening;
- Ensure all documentation of program information is completed accurately and timely;
- Attend all agency required trainings;
- Adhere to all mandatory reporting requirements in the mental health field, HIPAA guidelines, and auditing protocols;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field;
- Either must possess a current clinical license in the state of CA or is a registered associate with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS);
- Related experience working with young children and families of high-risk populations, diverse groups and communities;
- Experience providing mental health services in the Black community, ideally in South Los Angeles;
- Familiarity with DC: 0-3R or DC: 0-5 strongly preferred;
- Ability to learn WIN’s DCAR data system;
- Strong sense of mission, integrity and problem solving skills;
- Ability to navigate through complex systems with a solutions-focused mindset;
- Professional, resourceful, tactful style with the ability to respond immediately and appropriately in different contexts;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a fingerprint background clearance and PPD risk assessment;
- Access to a reliable automobile, current insurance and valid driver’s license;
- Must maintain appropriate boundaries with colleagues, clients, families, community partners/stakeholders and county staff at all times;
- Passion for WIN’s mission.
Salary: Commensurate with experience, between $60K and $70K + signing bonus of $2K upon successful completion of the introductory period (90 days).
Classification: Full-time, Exempt, 40 hrs./wk.
We offer generous medical benefits, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation & sick.
WIN is an equal opportunity employer. We want to have the best available persons in every job. WIN’s policy prohibits discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, medical conditions, perceived medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation. All such discrimination is unlawful. WIN is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Signing bonus
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19