Community Resource Specialist/Case Manager – Home Team
Current Working Conditions
Due to current business restrictions and health & safety best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic, work is conducted primarily via online platforms at this time. WIN is committed to the safety of our staff, partners, and clients, and working conditions are likely to evolve over time.
Reporting to the Community Resource Coordinator, the Community Resource Specialist will be responsible for working with children and families in their own homes, and on-site at family childcare homes to ensure that families with young children and family childcare homes have the knowledge, resources, and linkages they need to thrive. The ideal candidate will have previous case management experience working with young children and families in diverse communities. Our community extends from Venice to Crenshaw on the east, and the I-10 Corridor to Inglewood/Lennox on the south.
- Provide one-on-one training, resources, and linkages to approximately 20-25 families and/or family childcare homes;
- Work in-home and on-site at family child care homes, clinics, and other settings;
- Screen children/families using ASQ-3, ASQ: SE-2, CES-D and PSI-4-SF;
- Refer families to support services & resources and to INN2 activities;
- Refer families to Specialty Mental Health services as needed;
- Conduct outcome measures with families using CDRISC, ICS, and BriefCOPE;
- Administer ACEs screenings;
- Attend weekly reflective supervision;
- Attend all agency and DMH required trainings;
- Adhere to all DHM reporting requirements, HIPAA guidelines, and auditing protocols;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field required;
- Bilingual/bi-literate in English and Spanish a plus;
- 3+ years previous case management experience required;
- Experience working with infants, toddlers and families;
- Strong sense of cultural competency of the population WIN serves;
- Familiarity with Inglewood, Lennox, Crenshaw and/or Mar Vista, Palms, Venice communities required;
- Strong writing skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- High energy, friendly, organized, and detail-oriented;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with accuracy;
- Strong sense of mission, integrity and problem solving skills;
- Ability to navigate through complex systems with a solutions-focused mindset;
- Professional, resourceful, tactful style with the ability to respond immediately and appropriately in different contexts;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player;
- Qualified applicants must successfully pass a fingerprint background clearance and PPD risk assessment;
- Must have availability to work some evenings and weekends;
- Access to a reliable automobile, current insurance and valid driver’s license;
- Must maintain appropriate boundaries with colleagues, clients, families, community partners/stakeholders and county staff at all times;
- Passion for WIN’s mission.
Salary: $40,000-50,000 DOE
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt, 40 hrs./wk.
We offer generous medical benefits, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation & sick.
WIN is an equal opportunity employer. We want to have the best available persons in every job. WIN’s policy prohibits discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, medical conditions, perceived medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation. All such discrimination is unlawful. WIN is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Case Management: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible